Back to school is upon us & Clorox wants to celebrate.
I remember always wanting to go back to school. I was happy to get out but the draw of new school supplies & the great smell that comes with that always lured me back to wanting to go.
Now I am passing that on to my children.
My youngest, Cheekers, attends the best preschool EVER!
He goes to Just Children in South Jersey.
I can not tell you the education he is getting & he is only in preschool.
Every teacher there is knowledgable & goes out of their way to make sure my son gets the individual attention he deserves. He learns & has fun!
Not to mention that school is uber-clean! It sort of shines when you walk in from the gleam of the floors. This I like!
Cheekers loves his teachers. Especially Miss Trish.
Miss Trish is currently in school to become an art teacher.
Not only does she look like Snow White, she has her disposition too!
Miss Trish is patience with all the children, has the most creative ideas and is always looking to expand her knowledge.
She definitely loves children & this is important when you work with kids!
I will be nominating Just Children
Miss Trish for Clorox's Power a Bright Future grant program.
Let's take a look at why we need to nominate our schools for this great grant!
· Music, art and sports offer some of childhood’s most memorable experiences, but recently, budget cuts in schools nationwide mean many of these programs are being cut. We know these programs can be critical to a child’s educational experience, and can be just plain fun.
· Each year parents hold fundraisers to keep enrichment programs in schools. Now there’s another way to raise money for your child’s school: Power A Bright Future, created by the Clorox Company, will help brighten kids’ futures with school grants to help fund critical programs. Parents and teachers can help kids continue to learn and play by nominating their school programs for a Power A Bright Future grant from the Clorox Company.
· Since 1980, Clorox has donated $80 million to non-profit organizations and community programs with a focus on schools. This year, the company is awarding four grants, totaling $110,000, to help fund school programs that will brighten and enrich the lives of kids.
· There are multiple ways to participate and win. In addition to nominating your school and voting, participants have the chance to win a variety of daily prizes including supplies for your school and coupons for Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes, Clorox® Regular-Bleach and Clorox2.
· As part of the Power A Bright Future grant program, Clorox is seeking nominations for school programs for a chance to win a $50,000 grand-prize grant or one of three $20,000 grants to help provide critically needed resources to school programs that enrich kids’ lives and create brighter futures. In November, four schools will be chosen to receive grants and the opportunity to impact the lives of children in their communities.
· For more than six generations, Clorox has been a trusted stain remover and disinfectant, ultimately helping to keep families healthier, cleaner and happier. Clorox wants to continue to celebrate these activities that help kids continue to learn, play and create. To nominate a new or existing school program, visit www.Clorox.com from August 12 to September 27, 2010 and choose the category that best represents your idea. The three categories include: Learn, Play or Create. Upload a photo and a short summary of how the grant would make a difference, for example:
o Learn: Education-focused programs (e.g. establishing a school recycling program)
o Play: Sports and exercise-focused programs (e.g. building a playground)
o Create: Arts-focused programs (e.g. funding an after-school music program)
· Nominators will receive exclusive Clorox classroom tools and the chance to win coupons for Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes, Clorox® Regular-Bleach and other great prize packs daily.
· Once the nomination period has closed, we will leave the voting up to you. Between October 4 and November 1, be sure to vote for your favorite nominee. To encourage votes for their entries, nominators will receive a “Promote-it!” kit with tips on how to encourage votes, like sharing on Facebook and an e-mail for friends and family members.
· For official rules and to nominate a school program, visit http://www.clorox.com/.
· Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
· Dr. Harley Rotbart’s book Germ Proof Your Kids
· Clorox Hand Sanitizer
· Fun stickers
· Crazy cutting scissors
All in handy dandy backpack.
Here is what you have to do:
Leave me a comment after you have nominated a teacher/school telling me who you nominated & why. Doesn't have to be long, just short & sweet.
1. Become a follower. If you already are, just leave me a comment telling me so.
2. Follow me on Twitter (mkw70) & tweet about this giveaway. Leave me a comment with the link to your tweet & your twitter name.
That's 3 chances to win & remember it's all for the schools & the children!
What are you all waiting for...go! get! schoo! Go do what you have to do & let me know.
Giveaway closes Sept 3 @ 8pm est.
*I was compensated for this post by The Motherhood & Clorox. All thoughts on schools & teachers are 100% my opinion and not a direct result of the compensation*