Saturday, June 25, 2011
Sunday, June 19, 2011
I am not a big fan of 3D & in all honesty, I didn't think the 3D made a difference for this movie.
It's tons of fun. Starts off with an action scene and continues with the action through out.
This time it looks like Mater (my favorite character) is the hero.
Not to mention Michael Caine provides the voice for Finn (the English spy). I adore Michael Caine...he is so funny.
Cheeks really liked it. Although he was running a temperature & was a little whiney, he said it was "awesome!"
It's about 2 hours long, a little long for my liking BUT kept Cheeks interest as well as all the other little kids in the theater.
Lots of "big names" provide voices and there is even a cameo by the Pope, Cars-ified tho. Yes, cars-ified is totally a word.
It's definitely a well done sequel and I am sure that when the dvd is out, we will have it.
Tell me, is this on your must see list for the summer?
Sunday, June 12, 2011
Eric Clapton was on it, Mariah Carey.
Am I showing my age?
Well I want to tell you about Summer Unplugged.
What are you talking about you say?
I am talking about AMF's Summer Unplugged where kids, 16 & under, bowl...for free!
I don't know about your children but mine love to bowl.
We had his 4th bday party at the bowling alley, one that participates in Summer Unplugged, last year. He had a blast, as did the other kiddos.
Bobster's family are huge bowlers. His dad holds some world record for something or another. I'm very technical, I know but I can't remember what it is for the life of me. Bobster's brother was even offered to go pro & my nephew, Dan-o, bowls on his high school team & has been featured in our local paper. So yes, bowling is in the blood of the boys. Me, well I think my average is like 85 but hey, I love it!
Who bowls in your family? The whole fam? This would be a great way to spend some family time together over the summer. Especially when it's hot & sticky out. This way you get everyone off their tushies & get to exercise in a climate controlled environment...I'm all about the a/c peeps.
Do you have any tips for me? Dh has tried to teach me to bowl...the right way...I just bowl for fun tho.
Now with Summer Unplugged I will be visiting the alley more often. The bowling alley, get your minds out of the gutter...although I hear you can make decent money in the alley during the summer. Just sayin.
Leave me a comment with what you & your fam like to do over the summer.
Maybe it will give me inspiration!
*I participated in this campaign as a member of One2One Network and am eligible for a prize drawing. All opinions stated in the post are my own.
Friday, June 10, 2011
This post brought to you by Walgreens. All opinions are 100% mine.
For some of you who follow me on facebook or my other blog know that I am having some sever stomach pain. Well I am here to tell you that I have found some relief by using Walgreens Brand Health& Wellness Products version of prilosec.
Their version of the over the counter med is actually better than my prescription brand that I have a higher co~pay for, so right there...SCORE! Walgreens Brand Health & Wellness Products allow families and individuals to save money without sacrificing quality or trust. Plus all the Walgreens Brand Health & Wellness Products are pharmacist recommended.
Most of the products contain the same active ingredients as the name brands...again SCORE! Plus they have a satisfaction guarantee. You don't like it, take it back!
If you don't believe me & my stomach, check out their website: Walgreens Brand Health & Wellness Products.
My mom was the one who turned me onto their version of prilosec. So glad she did. This med is allowing me to be 95% pain free in the tummy. The other 5% kicks in when I find out what kind of day Cheeks has had in school. Oy!
Want to hear some other good news. There are a boat load of blogs out there that are hosting giveaways for gift cards to Walgreens. Go enter! giveaways
Leave me a comment & let me know if you've ever tried a Walgreens Brand Health & Wellness product. I'd love to know.
Oh I almost forgot, check out Walgreens Way to Well Fund™ You will not be disappointed in what it's for. Promise.