Well you really should go like me on Facebook! You will have you chance though.
What I want to tell you is that June is National Dairy Month.
Gosh I love, love, love dairy.
I think if I was lactose intolerant I would just eat it anyway & suffer.
That's how much I love dairy.
I especially love yogurt and my latest obsession is Greek Yogurt.
Greek yogurt is made with milk and an active yogurt culture. Actually, it takes about four gallons of milk to make a gallon of Greek yogurt. Like all yogurt, it is a good source of calcium. Before its packaged, Greek yogurt is strained to remove some of the excess whey, resulting in a creamier, thicker, more satisfying yogurt. Although brands vary, compared to regular non-fat yogurt, Greek yogurt typically has twice as much protein, less sugar, and less lactose.
DID YOU KNOW….that Greek yogurt is….
· More Filling –The additional protein in Greek yogurt may help you feel fuller, faster. Studies show that consuming protein, as compared to carbohydrate and fat, promotes stronger feelings of fullness. Its thick, rich and creamy texture satisfies cravings and helps keep you on your diet.
· Easier to Digest – Greek yogurt contains less carbohydrates than regular yogurt and therefore less lactose, making it easier to digest for those who are lactose intolerant. Greek yogurt also contains the good kind of bacteria cultures, which help regulate healthy digestion.
· A “Do” for Diabetics - Greek yogurt has a naturally lower sugar and carbohydrate content than regular yogurt, which makes it a great choice for diabetics who want a product that meets their nutritional needs while offering great taste.
· Gluten-free - Greek yogurt is gluten free meaning it has contains no wheat, rye, or barley or other gluten-containing thickeners making it a great dessert alternative for those with Celiac disease. (Because new product formulations are always occurring, please check product ingredient labels if you need to maintain a gluten-free diet)
Check out this handy dandy conversion chart for converting Greek yogurt:
1 cup oil = ¾ cup Greek yogurt
And now a yummy recipe!
EASY-TO-MAKE, EASIER-TO-EAT MUFFINS
Love muffins? These easy-to-make muffins are delicate and moist and are great with coffee (for the grownups) or with milk (for the kids). Recipe yields 12 muffins. Punch up the recipe by adding fresh fruit or honey!
1.5 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sugar
0.5 cup softened butter
0.5 cup plain Greek yogurt
3 TBS whole milk
1 TBS vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk butter and sugar together and add egg mixture.
3. Add Greek yogurt, milk and vanilla
4. Mix flour with baking soda and gradually add to liquid mixture, incorporating well.
5. Fill muffin tin cups almost full.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Insert a toothpick into the center - if it comes out clean, it’s time to eat! ENJOY!
Now it's time for the giveaway!!!
Vanna show the winners what they can win:
The gift bag (a more than $50.00 value) will include:
· I love Greek yogurt t-shirt
· I love Greek yogurt cooler tote
· Manufacturer coupons for FREE Greek yogurt
All that stuff in the pic of up there!
Just fill out the rafflecopter & you are on your way!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*Disclaimer: I was not monetarily compensated for this post. However I did receive a gift bag.