I want to bring awareness to a Mesothelioma, a form of cancer that is preventable!
A disease I didn't know anything about until recently.
Take a look:
- Mesothelioma Awareness Day is and the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance is spreading awareness of the disease and it's causes.
- Mesothelioma is a very rare cancer, but is completely preventable. Everyone should have access to information on asbestos exposure to keep our families safe, and to encourage world-wide ban on this carcinogen.
- If you would like to help spread awareness, please donate your social status here: http://www.mesothelioma.com/
- Heather Von St. James is almost a 10 year survivor of mesothelioma, which was caused by exposure to asbestos fibers on her dad's work jacket as a little girl.
- Heather was diagnosed with Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma just months after giving birth to her daughter, she underwent surgery that involved a heated chemotherapy solution & the removal of her left lung.
- Her and her husband Cameron now work to spread awareness of mesothelioma globally and this is something that everyone should be aware of.
My Poppy worked for Texaco for his entire life. He was exposed to asbestos for much of his career. Sadly, that and smoking, contributed to his lung cancer. He was diagnosed with it and passed away two weeks later.
Now there is more than can done. Preventable measures are available to everyone. Please, please look into this and if you can donate to the cause, please do!
Just take a look at this:
Please feel free to share this blog post, I actually encourage you to because this is something that everyone needs to know about. Especially because it is an avoidable cancer.